Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I gave up YouTube for Lent

I feel like that's a statement to my generation. I LOVE YouTube. My bestiebest in Phi Sigma Sigma (let's call her G because she probably wouldn't want me blogging about her) told me I should give it up. And I keep failing. I also gave up pizza to fall back on. But anyway- YouTube. It's now where I get most of my music, and I'm not just talking about illegally downloading Justin Beiber. I have fallen for some of YouTube's biggest stars who are not becoming famous because of their rich fathers or because of who they know. They have TALENT. LOTS of talent. I think my love of YouTube started with The Philip DeFranco Show. He's hilarious, yet he does the news. I have convinced a couple of my profs to show his videos in class, and I don't think they're all that impressed. The whole music thing started because, well, I like music. I guess that's the most basic reason. I started searching for mashups and covers and recently I discovered two guys that I think deserve a lot of credit: Ricky Ficarelli and Tyler Ward. Actually, the video on the post is Ricky, covering my all-time fave YouTuber, Dave Days. The kid is adorable and so talented. We've even spoke about possibly getting together so I could make a documentary about him as a rising YouTube star. I mean, WATCH Ricky play drums. It enough to make you smile, but then you realize he's a better drummer than most of the bands out there. Anyway, that's how I feel about YouTube. Go check out the people I linked. You won't be sorry. If you have any other suggestions for me, I'd love to know about them.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment