Monday, March 14, 2011

Skins Deep

I know I literally just posted a blog but now that I've gotten the introduction and why I'm blogging somewhat down, I actually have things to say. Let me tell you about one of my guilty pleasures: Skins. Not the new, horrible show on MTV that I plan to watch at some point (maybe), but the amazing, beautifully done British original that makes me cry almost every episode. I have a theory that I love it so much more than the American version because the kids are British. When they go to underground raves and have run-ins with coke pushing gang leaders, I just think "Oh those crazy Brits." But when they get into the same sort of trouble on the American version it's just like... "psh that is NOT real life." I think my favorite character is Effy, played by Kaya Scodelario. She's gorgeous and mysterious and troubled. I like to think that every woman has a little Effy in them. If you have Netflix, I would highly suggest you start watching this show. Maybe I'll meet my own cast of Skins if (when, knock on wood) I get into Oxford's study of Film Aesthetics Program. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment